Endowments have never been more important than today. While endowments have traditional been a part of higher education and healthcare, now all nonprofits – including arts organizations, human services organizations, and environmental entities – are building endowments to address fluctuations in annual revenue, ebbs and flows in government and foundation grants, and the periodic disaster needs addressed by those entities.
Endowments offer charities a way to ensure long-term financial stability through creation of a permanent source of funding for specific programs, program development, and operations. Long-term success in building and managing endowment assets requires a firm platform and infrastructure, consistent messaging, and conversations with donors.
Kathryn W. Miree & Associates, Inc. works with charities to:
- Assess readiness to build endowment
- Identify areas of infrastructure that must be developed for endowment management
- Determine the form of that endowment
- Build policies and procedures addressing endowment and fund structure, reporting, communications, stewardship, investment, spending, and distribution
- Set standards for fund structure, including minimums, separate accountings, named funds, and purpose
- Design the case statement for endowment
- Develop key marketing materials
- Design a marketing and calling strategy to build endowment
- Define the role of volunteers
- Train staff and volunteers to make calls
- Walk through the Request for Proposal process to identify and retain custody, accounting and investment management vendors
Request a proposal. Are you interested in requesting a proposal for services? Simply let us know your goals and objectives, and how to contact you. We will be happy to provide a written proposal without cost or obligation.