Kathryn W. Miree is the president and primary consultant for Kathryn W. Miree & Associates, Inc., now in its 17th year of operation. Ms. Miree provides a full range of planned giving, endowment, and foundation management services designed to help nonprofits build long-term financial stability through planned gifts and endowment. Ms. Miree received a B.A. from Emory University and a J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law. She spent 15 years in various positions in the Trust Division of a large southeastern bank before joining a regional brokerage firm to establish its trust company and serve as its initial President and CEO. In these positions she worked extensively with not-for-profit organizations and their donors in the management of private foundations, community foundations, charitable trusts, pooled income funds, gift annuities and endowments. In 1997 she established Kathryn W. Miree & Associates, Inc.
Ms. Miree is a past president of the national Committee on Planned Giving, past president of the Alabama Planned Giving council, past president of the Estate Planning Council of Birmingham, and past president of the Alabama Bankers Association Trust Division. She is a member of the Alabama Bar Association.
Ms. Miree is also an active member of her community serving as a volunteer on a number of community boards. She is a past board chair of United Way of Central Alabama, a past board chair of The Altamont School and past president of the Independent Presbyterian Church Foundation. She currently serves on the board of the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham and on the Editorial Advisory Board of Planned Giving Today.
Ms. Miree is a nationally recognized speaker and author on nonprofit gift planning and administration topics.
- Family Foundation Handbook, 2014 Edition (CCH 2013), to purchase click this link
- Professional Advisors’ Guide to Planned Giving (CCH 2005)
- Planned Giving Today (Mary Ann Liebert Publishers), frequent contributor of articles. To subscribe click this link.
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham, Board of Directors
- Planned Giving Today, Editorial Advisory Board
- Planned Giving Design Center, Editorial Advisory Board
- Emory University, Professional Advisory Committee